Here are some problems to look out before they impact your wallet!
- A leak in your attic or ceiling. After a strong storm, heavy downpour, or wind-driven rain, walk through your home or attic and look for signs of leaking. If you find a leak in your roof or attic, call McAllen Roofing for a free consultation.
- Blistering or peeling paint. Peeling paint can be an indication of trapped moisture in your home. Trapped moisture can be caused by excessive temperature or high humidity - two big problems in the Rio Grande Valley.
- Mold or Mildew growth. Stains on interior ceilings and walls can lead to mold or mildew growth. Such stains can be caused by damaged or faulty shingle underlayment that allows water to seep into the house.
- Missing, cracked, or curled shingles. Shingles that are dry or are delicate to touch can be near the end of their usefulness and can be an indication that it is time to invest in a new roof.
- Dirty looking areas on your roof. Areas on your roof that look dirty can be a signal of vegetation, fungus, mold, or algae growth. It can also be an indication that the protective granules have been lost. Douglas Remodeling offers StainGuard® protection to increase the life and curb appeal of your shingles.